Date: 28th Feb, Venue: Conference Hall B, KTPO Expo Centre
PROTOTYPING WITH SURFACE MOUNT TECHNOLOGY: HOW TO TAKE YOUR DESIGN TO THE MARKET WELL BEFORE SUNSET
Ajith Narayanan, Co-founder, Zoid Labs
By Ajith Narayanan, Co-founder, Zoid Labs (Speaker Profile)
Surface Mount Technology (SMT) is essential to today’s electronics. This talk will address a variety of issues confronting smaller companies and innovators who struggle to take their modern electronic hardware designs, through prototyping and into sample production. Illustrated by anecdotes, experience and case studies, we will explore some key ideas on design for prototyping and also tools, techniques and best practices to make the journey with SMT more fruitful and less painful, under constraints of budget and time-to-market.
- SMT prototyping lifecycle
- Design for prototyping — key ideas
- Impact of footprint design and mechanical design
- From bare PCB to populated PCB
– Parts, Stencils, solder paste, place, reflow
– Do’s and don’ts for each stage
- Equipment considerations
- Process support
- What are the main challenges in SMT prototyping for new designs,
- What are the techniques to address these?
- How to choose the right strategy and methods to efficiently get new hardware past the prototyping stage.
Many more talks in this track will be updated soon! Meanwhile, you can check out the rest of the conference here.