Technology Philanthropist, Innovation & Standardization Evangelist
- Kishor is currently leading the Smart Cities Standardization Globally as “Convener of Reference Architecture Work Group in IEC Systems Committee on Smart Cities” and Project Leader of IEC Standards – IEC TS 63188 ED1 – Smart Cities Reference Architecture Methodology & IEC 63205 ED1 – Smart Cities Reference Architecture; and also, as Co-editor of a few ISO Standards in ISO/IEC JTC1 Committees.
- At the National level, he is leading the Smart Cities Standardization work in ICT & Electrotechnology domains as the Chairman of LITD 28 – Sectional Committee on Smart Infrastructure at BIS (Bureau of Indian Standards), where the main focus is on Standards development for Unified & Secure ICT Architecture for Smart Cities/ Infrastructure.
- Professionally, Kishor is Technology Consultant, Mentor & Design Architect in Electrical, Electronics & ICT with over 40 years of professional experience in education, research, design and consulting. Over 30 years of hardcore Research and Design Development Experience in Solutions, Systems, Products, Hardware, Software & Firmware (Embedded Software) in fields of Industrial, Power, IT, Telecom, Medical, Energy and Environment, and over 10 years of Consultancy Experience to different segments of business & industry. He has over 200 Research & Design Mentees in the Electronics, ICT & STI Ecosystems. Professionally, he is an Electronics Design Engineer practicing design & development of a wide spectrum of Products, Systems & Solutions as an Independent Design House – NARNIX since 1981.
- Beyond designing & developing some of the most innovative systems & solutions, kishor has developed some complex IPs in Design Architectures in the Fields of High Frequency Power Electronics, Neutral Access Network Operation, Last Mile Communication, Smart Utility Management & Smart Infrastructure.
- For last 10 years, deeply involved in Standardization in the Electrical, Electronics, Communication and Information Technology Domains with focus on Identifying Gaps in Standards to address Interoperable Systems & Solutions Deployments and bring Harmonization by defining standardized interfaces to ensure End-to-End Interoperability.
- Currently, Kishor is developing a Comprehensive “5G inclusive ICT Architecture for Critical Infrastructure” and leading the 5G Application Layer Standards development in India.