Director & Head, Cyber Security & Digital Village
Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Government of India
- B. Tech. Electronics & Communication Engineering (BIT Sindri, Jharkhand)
- Course in Digital Structures (Lund University, Sweden)
- Course on Governance & Informatization, KADO, South Korea
- Diploma in Internet Governance (Diplo Foundation, Department of International Relations at the University of Malta)
- Internet Resource Management Essentials, Training Course, APNIC, Australia
- Diploma in Intellectual Property Rights (Indian Law Institute, New Delhi)
Current Position – Scientist ‘F’ & Director, Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Government of India.
Work Experience – 26 years stint with the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Government of India, since 1992.
Areas of Work – Microelectronics & Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems(MEMs); Digitization & Digitalization, E-Learning, E-Readiness Assessment Methodologies; Technology Development for Indian Languages; Domain Names; E-Infrastructure; IPv6; Internet Governance; Convergence, Communications & Broadband Technologies; 5G; Convergence of Cognitive Radio Frequency with Internet; Alternate Technologies for Connectivity in Rural India; Smart Cities; Digital Payments, Security especially in Digital Payments, Emerging Technologies – IoT, Data Analytics, Blockchain Technology & Artificial Intelligence; Transforming Villages to Smart Villages is a new assignment.
Technical Reports – Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems (MEMs); E-Learning Models for Secondary Education; E-Readiness Assessment of India; Internet Governance Position Paper of India; Secondary Usage of TV White Space in UHF Band to provide Broadband connectivity; Smart City – IoT Framework; Security – Digital Payments, IoT, 5G; Women Empowerment through ICT, Standards – Smart Grid, IoT, Digital Payments.
Research Papers – Digitization & digitalization; Network Engineering; Cyber Trailing, Wireless Sensor Networks; Pervasive Computing; Security in IoT/CPS; Blockchain Technology.
Policy and Country Position Papers – Internationalization of Internet – ICANN & IGF Functions and Representation of India; Domain Names and Internationalized Domain Names; Internet Proliferation and its last mile outreach using Alternate Technologies; Internet Governance; Women in STEM; Digital Payments Promotion in India;
Member Engineering, Research, Standards, Technical Committees
- IEEE Women in Engineering Society
- Standards for Telecom Equipments of the Telecom Engineering Centre (TEC, Dept. of Telecommunications, Govt. of India
- International Advisory Board of the International Conference on “COMmunication System & NETworkS (COMSNETS)”.
- United Nation’s ‘Internet Governance Forum’ and was instrumental in establishing the Indian Chapter of Internet Governance Forum (IIGF)
- Governmental Advisory Committee of ‘Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers’.